Here is the recipe for the little treat we shared with you this week at our office for Patient Appreciation. This recipe had been shared before on one of our previous blog posts, but Dr. Courtney has made some modifications to her original recipe.
We hope you will use this easy recipe all the holiday season long!
2 cups almonds
2 cups pecans
1.5-2 tablespoon coconut oil
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground clove
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 dashes of cayenne (optional)
2 teaspoons sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place coconut oil in skillet and let it heat up.
- Add all 4 cups of nuts, and toast for 10 minutes. Keep a watch and make sure to mix nuts periodically to toast evenly on all sides.
- In a large bowl, combine all spices except sea salt with maple syrup. the amount of cayenne is not specified because its optional to add a little more warmth and spice, so if you'd like sprinkle some in.
- Remove nuts from skillet and add into the bowl with spices and maple syrup.
- Toss nuts in the bowl of spices until all nuts are coated.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lay out nuts on sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and Enjoy. When you are ready to store, put away in an airtight container.
We hope you enjoy this snack!
Healthy Snack with added Benefits!
The ingredients in this recipe include clove and cinnamon which have antibacterial properties that will give your body immune support